Tuesday, March 23, 2010



Can you believe it?? Wendy Lou sent this in to us . A Bento Box style quilt made with designer fabrics and backed with Amy Butler. It's really lovely. It arrived yesterday with a lovely note. I hope that folks know that I find the quilts and notes very encouraging to my efforts. Some days I just feel kinda overwhelmed with all the quilting that needs doing.
A few days ago I loaded in a very long, long piece for backing. I will quilt several quilts this week, I'm currently on #2. It's been slow going.. but then yesterday I got this quilt in the mail. Now I'm encouraged. Fired up! Ready to go!
Thanks Wendy!
Btw, she did a tutorial of this quilt and has a great link to make your own laundry detergent!
Brilliant!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like it! And I'm very, very glad that it encouraged you to keep going!! Your work is important to those you serve. But it also will never be 'enough.' So do what you can do and trust God for the increase!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. O WOW! Is this not lovely?!!

    You know, I make charity quilts by the dozens, but I don't dip into my high priced, designer fabrics to make them. WendyLou shames me; she reminds me that beautiful fabrics are for using AND for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already forgotten where I followed this link from but I'm very happy I've found your site! Could you let me know the address to send quilts to? (Quilted and bound so no extra work for you) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fabulous quilt!

    I'd like to contact you about more information about Give a Kid a Quilt. We featured your organization at www.WeAllSew.com a few months ago, but I'd also like to share your great charity with Quilters. Can you email me at erikalynn(at)onemain(dot)com? Thanks - Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi please send me the address to where I can send a quilt. I hope it doesn't have to be handmade because i just so happened to have a spanking brand new infant size quilt made of different patches of minky. I've always wanted to make a quilt but if i start now, you might not get it till next year hee hee hee
    Thank you,
    Chyna

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I hope you don't mind, I posted about your blog on my blog. Pasted the information directly from your page onto my post. Please let me know if this is ok or not.
    Thanks,
    Chyna

    ReplyDelete